Pinot Noir 2009
‘Youthful blackberry, cherry, plum and raspberry flavours abound on the palate along with notes of vanilla and spice from quality, well-proportioned oak. This wine shows a degree of depth of flavour in the mouth that is notably better than most of the wines in the tasting. Well-focussed wine on the mid-palate with tannins that are firm and structural. Long and sweet-fruited on the finish, this is a thoroughly enjoyable glass of New Zealand Pinot Noir.’
Australian Boutique Wine Awards 2012.
- Jancis Robinson MW (UK) Top 100 Red Wine List for 2012
- Gold Medal (August 2012) Australian Boutique Wine Awards 2012, Sydney
- 93/100 Nick Stock, The Age and Sydney Morning Herald Good Wine Guide 2012
- Top Pinot Noir over $30 - Wine NZ magazine, Pinot Noir tasting June 2010
- "Once again, Lime Rock shows that Hawkes Bay can produce Top quality Pinot Noir."